Fire is the most common of all disasters. Accidental fire can occur anytime and at anyplace. If not detected timely even a smoldering fire can turn into a disaster and reduce your home, belongings and even sweet memories into ashes. So to protect your family, home or office from the menace of deadly fire a smoke detector is always recommended.
In general the best smoke detector would mean the one that can detect even the slightest of smoke, give clear and timely alarms and provide uninterrupted protection. At the same time it should be affordable. Keeping these factors in mind we have tried to review the best available ones for your convenience.
It is always important to know a thing or two about the item you would like to buy. The necessary aspects to consider in case of smoke detectors are the sensor type and efficiency; loud alarm system; power resource and adequate battery back up; easy installation; interconnectivity and so on. Our review on smoke detectors has been done with emphasis on all of the above issues.
Any review on smoke detectors is incomplete without carbon monoxide smoke detectors and hence the first section of this review is dedicated to CO detectors. Sometimes due to its invisibility and odorless and tasteless nature carbon monoxide gas is called a silent killer. The gas when combines with our hemoglobin absorbs oxygen from brain and other organs, consequences can be memory impairment, flu or even death. There are numerous sources even at your home that generate CO gas like, wood burning fireplaces, stoves, barbecue grills, water heaters and so on. A carbon monoxide detector warns you about the CO level in its surrounding and allows you to take necessary actions.
Next we explored the different smoke detectors depending on the various sensors they are equipped with. Ionization and photoelectric or optical are the available sensor technologies, each having its own unique way of sensing. Ionization ones can quickly detect smoke from flaming fires whereas the photoelectric or optical ones are specially meant for smoldering smoke.
Coming to the next section, many like to have smoke detectors with dedicated electric connection that are also known as hardwired smoke detectors and the others prefer the wireless ones. Here we have reviewed both these types and you will find some really interesting models of the above types.
We know smoke detector is an item of necessity in our households, offices, commercial areas and every other enclosed place. The requirement in case of large commercial places will obviously differ from that in our houses. So we thought it would be better to review home and commercial smoke detectors separately in our site.
Another form of smoke detectors that are very popular in shops and showrooms nowadays is smoke detector with inbuilt security camera. So you get the utilities of both the detector and the camera in one device. In this section we have included some smoke detector cameras with nice technical specs and decent prices.
In the next segment we have included some of the top notch brands which manufacture smoke and fire detectors. Names like BRK, Kidde, First Alert, Firex, Ademco, ADT and Simplex are some of the highly acclaimed ones in this very field. In this review we have selected only those models which have high quality with some unique features or other, priced well and have great feedback.
Carbon Monoxide Smoke Detector
Smoke detector which has the special ability to detect the extremely harmful carbon monoxide gas other than the regular smoke detecting features is termed as carbon monoxide smoke detector. At the present market scenario there are high quality and branded CO smoke detectors available at pretty reasonable prices.
In this page we have put up some of the carbon monoxide smoke detectors with optimum performance and good customer feedbacks.
Kidde KN-COSM-B Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm with Talking Alarm
This carbon monoxide smoke detector really has some great features to watch out for.
- Ionization sensor
- Loud and clear Talking Alarm
- LED indicators
- Easy to install and maintain as it is battery operated
- Automatic Test option guarantees safety
- Trademarked Hush feature for controlling the nuisance alarms
The UL standard listed smoke and carbon monoxide detector comes in with a 5-year limited warranty. With the unique voice alarm the battery operated item is quite helpful for the safety of your house and family. Requiring only three AA batteries with easy replacement and a tamper proof body, it can obviously be a nice piece for the safety purposes.
First Alert SCO501CN-3ST ONELINK Battery Operated Combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Voice Location
With shipping facilities and priced reasonably at $68.98 this smoke detector comes in with some remarkable features that provides security against fire and carbon monoxide gas.
- Wirelessly inter connectable to other ONELINK featured First Alert smoke detecting devices
- Photoelectric smoke sensor and electro chemical CO sensor
- Loud voice alarm programmable up to 11 different locations within your home
- Test and Silence features
- Low-battery indicator
Listed with the UL safety standards and having warranty period of 5 years, it can be installed without any fuss and helps to create a wireless network of smoke and carbon monoxide smoke detecting devices for the complete security of your home.
First Alert SC05CN Battery Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide/Smoke Alarm
Quite well priced at $28.51 this carbon monoxide detector has got all the required attributes of a standard smoke detector.
- Electro chemical CO sensing technology
- Photo electric sensor for usual smoke
- 85 decibel loud alarm horns
- Battery operated and easy to install
- Silence and Test functions
- Low battery warning feature
Requiring only two AA batteries it comes in with 5 years limited warranty. With all the basic features it is very useful for your home and office.
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association carbon monoxide is the foremost cause of accidental poisoning in the U.S. Thus to ensure the safety of your family it is always better to have carbon monoxide smoke detector near your kitchen, bedroom and store room.
BRK Smoke Detectors
With highly efficient smoke detecting devices, BRK has already established its name in this very line of business. Capable of raising fire alarms in case of fire smokes and carbon monoxide, BRK smoke detectors are now quite common in many households and offices.
The following section gives you a complete review on some of the widely used models of this very brand.
BRK Brands SC9120B Hardwire Combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Battery Backup
Integrated with both ionization and carbon monoxide sensors it protects your family from fire and the effects of the poisonous carbon monoxide gas. Well priced at $41.48 it has some fabulous technical features like:
- Separate audio visual warning systems for each of the dual sensors
- 9 volt battery back up during power cuts
- Inter connectable to 12 other compatible smoke alarms and 6 other devices with power indicators
- Automatic internal functionality test option
- Less nuisance alarms
- Tamper proof body with mounting bracket locks and battery drawer
Conforming to the UL standards this dual action smoke detector is highly efficient and its interconnectivity feature can be used to create a network of smoke alarms for the entire house or office.
BRK Brands 7010B Hardwire Smoke Alarm with Photoelectric Sensor and Battery Backup
Listed to the UL standards, the single sensor alarm is worthily priced at $23.43 with shipping facilities. Ideal for smoldering smoke detection, this widely demanded product has some really great characteristics as follows:
- UL mandated 85 decibel loud alarm horn
- Photoelectric sensing technology
- Optipath 360 technology supported smoke detecting technique
- Wire-in 120 volt 60 Hz AC inter connectable to 18 devices including 12 other smoke detectors
- Battery backing of 9 volts
- Single button Test and Hush functions
- Tamper resistant locking system
Equipped with cutting edge technology like Optipath, it is capable of detecting smoke or combustion particles 360 degrees around it. Apart from a feasible price and unique features the 10-year limited warranty makes it all the more authentic.
BRK Brands 7010 Hardwire Smoke Alarm with Photoelectric Sensor
Priced at $15.99 the photoelectric sensor efficaciously detects smoldering smoke much before it gets convert to fire and renders protection to your household. The various specs of this product are:
- 120 volt AC hardwired device
- Supports interconnectivity to other compatible devices
- Integrated Opti path 360 technology
- Dust and tamper proof body
- 85 decibel alarm horn as recommended by UL standards
With a limited warranty of 10 years this smoke detecting device conforms to the latest technology and can be pretty helpful for the home, office, school etc.
In this article the models are chosen in such a manner so to provide you with an idea about the different types of smoke detecting devices by BRK. The user preferred BRK smoke detectors presented above are not only unique but are offered at excellent price. Hope that this review may rightly assist you in getting the appropriate smoke detecting device.
Kidde Smoke Detector
Kidde is one of the global leaders in developing technologies to protect your home and office from fire. Available in the market in diverse forms the various models of Kidde smoke detector are all well priced.
Here we’ve put up some of the highly appreciated ones along with their prices for your convenience.
Kidde PI9000 Battery-Operated Dual Ionization and Photoelectric Sensor Smoke Alarm
Priced reasonably at $21.60 this Kidde product possesses the features necessary for every type of fire detection. Some technical specs are:
- Fitted with dual sensors i.e. ionization sensor and photoelectric sensor
- Auto functionality test option with performance indicator LED
- The 9 volt battery backup for uninterrupted security during power shortage
- Hush feature for silencing the nuisance alarm
Conforming to the widely accepted Underwriters Laboratories (UL) safety standards, this dual sensing Kidde smoke detector comes with 10 years limited warranty. Available at a very reasonable price it provides total security against fire.
Kidde KN-SMFM-i Silhouette Hardwire Low Profile Smoke Alarm
Offered at $59.99 and being one of the most discreet smoke detector in the market, it is easy to install and saves your time, effort and money. The available features are:
- Works on ionization sensing technology, perfect for detecting smoke from flaming fires
- Battery operated with rechargeable lithium batteries provided with the pack
- Functionality check and Hush options
- Supports interconnectivity in creating an electronic network of smoke detectors for your entire home
This Kidde smoke detector with all the necessary features, available at a reasonable rate ensures the safety of your home from fire. It also meets the UL standards thus making it quite reliable and efficient. With 10 years of limited warranty it can be a good selection.
Kidde KN-COPP-B Front Load Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display
Specially equipped with technology ideal for carbon monoxide detection this battery operated smoke detector’s price tag of $25.88 is quite fair. The product specifications are:
- Patented Nighthawk electrochemical Carbon Monoxide sensor is nonpareil in CO detection
- Digital display with large backlit for perfect display of the CO level
- Peak level feature displays the highest level of CO recently sensed
- Powered with AA batteries, it supports continuous monitoring
- Front loaded battery chamber
- Auto Test feature
It is also required to protect your family from carbon monoxide and this Kidde product when placed in your bedroom, kitchen or storehouse is quite useful for this purpose. With a 5-year limited warranty it is a good choice for those in search for a standard CO detecting device at a feasible price.
Available at affordable prices, Kidde offers variety of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for you to opt from. Each of the Kidde smoke detector that we’ve presented here is unique and conforms to the set quality standards. Hope our review will prove to be useful to you in deciding the right one for the safety of your office or home.
First Alert Smoke Detectors
First Alert, a stellar in the field of smoke detector manufacturing produces both ionization sensor smoke detector and photoelectric sensor smoke detector. Comprising of the latest technology the First Alert smoke detectors vary in price and functionality.
Keeping in mind the user requirements we’ve tried to put up the features and prices of some of the popular smoke detectors by First Alert.
First Alert SA302CN Double Sensor Battery-Powered Smoke and Fire Alarm
Being easy to install and having low maintenance cost with all the necessary features this product is deservingly priced at $19.97 with shipping options. Some specifications of this item are:
- Dual ionization and photoelectric sensors with intelligent sensing techniques
- Battery power allows non stop security at the least cost
- Loud 85 decibel alerting system
- Less nuisance alarms
- Patented remote controlled silencing and testing options
- Low battery indicator
- 9 volt battery included in the pack
With a 10 years limited warranty and having a tamper proof body, this First Alert smoke detector is definitely a decent choice if you are looking for a reliable dual sensing smoke detecting device that comes at an affordable price and at the same time meets the UL 217 standard.
First Alert SA710CN Smoke Alarm with Photoelectric Sensor
Available at $15.86 it has the pertinent features that a standard smoke detecting device needs to possess. Looking at the important aspects you will discover that the price for this item is quite fair:
- Works on photoelectric sensor technology
- Speedy detection of suppressed fires
- 85 decibel loud alarm horn
- Low battery signal
- Silence button to stop nuisance alerts
- Test button for functionality check
- Easy installation and battery replacing options
- Comes in with 9 volt battery
Having a 10 year limited warranty it is made of tamper proof material and listed to UL safety standards. So it has nice features and price and can be quite useful for your home.
First Alert SA511CN2-3ST ONELINK Wireless Battery Operated Smoke Alarm with Voice Location, 2-Pack
Equipped with the latest path breaking technology, this model from the ONELINK series by First Alert carries unique functional features that you will get to know and has a fair price of $75.00 with shipping options.
- The pack contains 2 pieces of smoke detectors
- ONELEINK feature connects the two pieces wirelessly
- Photoelectric sensor for smoldering smoke
- Voice Location tells you where the smoke is generating
- Easy to operate battery drawer
- Low battery warning system
- Two AA batteries are included
- Silence/test button is quite easy to control
Fitted with cutting edge technology this First Alert smoke detector comes with 10 years warranty making it all the more reliable and efficient. Programmable with up to 11 places in your household this can be the ideal one for your home.
Through the smoke detectors presented above we have tried to cover the different types of smoke detecting devices by First Alert and providing you with their technical details and price rates. Once again assuring you that the products here are quite efficient and well priced, we hope that our research on the First Alert smoke detectors may be able to guide you in buying the right product.
Firex Smoke Detectors
One of the preeminent series of smoke detectors by the popular brand Kidde is Firex. The Firex smoke detectors come in with great features at pretty reasonable prices.
In this page we have reviewed some of the smoke detectors with Firex brand name having some eye catching features and good customer feedbacks.
Firex/Kidde 4618 Hardwire Ionization Smoke Alarm with Battery Backup
This Firex product possesses high quality features but at a surprisingly low cost of $6.99 only. The easily installable smoke detector has the following noteworthy features:
- Ionization sensor for invisible fire particles
- Requires 120 volt AC power
- 9 volt power back up
- Smart Hush Control for irrelevant alarms
- Interconnectivity with 12 compatible AC/DC smoke detectors permits you to create a fire security alarm network in your home
- Wiring harness and the front loading battery harness
Being listed with the UL Standards and having a 5-year limited warranty, this smoke detector can be taken into account if you are looking for a cheap and effective smoke detector.
Firex/Kidde i5000 Hardwire Ionization Smoke Alarm with Battery Backup
Priced at $16.93 it has shipping weight of 2 pounds. Its characteristics features can be summed up as:
- 120 volt power supply is required
- Supported by 9 volt battery backup
- Uses ionization sensing technique
- Smart Hush Control to check nuisance alarms up to 8 minutes
- Functionality test
- Interconnectivity with other compatible devices with power indicators
It is listed with the UL safety standards and supported by 10 years limited factory warranty. Coming at a reasonable price with adequate features it is definitely worth considering.
Kidde i4618 Firex Hardwire Ionization Smoke Detector with Battery Backup
Priced reasonably at $16.01 and with a shipping weight of 11.2 ounces it can currently be shipped only within U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. Some of its specifications are:
- Runs on 120 volt power supply and backed up with 9 volt battery during power failure
- Ionization sensors
- Interconnectivity provisions with latching LED indicator
- Front loading battery system
- False alarm controller
This smoke detector being listed with the UL safety standards and with a 5-year limited warranty is one of the popular items among the users.
By this page on the Firex smoke detectors we have tried to provide you an idea of the prices and features of the various products of this series. We hope that this review will assist you in buying the right one for your safety purposes as the smoke detectors nowadays are becoming more and more essential.